Sunday, December 12, 2010

First Try at ATCs/ACEOs & Another One by my Niece

While browsing some newly added items on Etsy, I stumbled upon some wonderful ACEO artists' shops, and fell in love with this kind of "micro" art.
I then googled the words "ACEO/ATC" and found lots of information and wonderful pieces of art, all over the world.
ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals". They have a standard size of 2.5 by 3.5 inches and can be made of different media. ATCs ("Artist Trading Cards") are made for trading among artists only. ACEOs are made for selling to the general art lovers.
You can sell/trade Originals and Prints, and you can also make Numbered/Limited Editions.
Both ACEOs and ATCs must be signed, dated and/or numbered on the back, and you can also add the materiarls you used.

So I thought: "Why not give it a try?"
I used my "heads" and "girls" as my first models.
Here is the result, yet to be completed.



My niece is getting more and more creative.
Look at her latest piece. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment