Monday, December 8, 2014

Blog Hop around the World

Hello!!
Today it's my turn in the BLOG HOP AROUND THE WORLD, a weekly post where artists introduce other artists and share something about themselves.

I was invited by my blog friend Prerna Poojara
Prerna is an amazing intuitive painter and the founder of Buddhas of Compassion Project.
We met when she joined my ChakrART Free Workshop. I love her creativity and her inspiring art, so full of love and color!
Prerna's 108 Ganeshas Project

For this blog hop I have to share with you something about about my art.

1. What am I working on?
Lately I have drawn a cat face and I'm currently in the process of doodling one cat each day until Yule. I called it CATVENTURE. I find doodling very relaxing. It lets my mind rest in a trance-like state.

2. How does my work differ from others in its genre?
Well, I think that each one of us has a unique style. I am completely self taught for what concerns Art. I find inspiration in other artists' works but then I create my own personal pieces. I think that the "whimsyness" of my works is my own typical feature.
3. Why do I create what I do?
Because I have to. :)
I am very emotional and suffering from depression. Drawing, doodling, journaling etc. are the things that keep me happy and whole and don't let my mind break in pieces. Moreover, I do it because it gives me the chance of journeying inside myself.

4. How does my creating process work?
When I find myself in front of a white sheet I usually close my eyes and take some deep breaths. I never know what I'm going to create until I pick up my pencil. That's why I'm not very at ease when people ask me custom drawings. :) 

And now, don't forget to check out the following artists' blogs that will be on the hop on December 15! 

  Stacy is from Canada. I met her some years ago on Etsy and I soon fell in love with her joyful personality and her gorgeous crow paintings. I even own some of them! :) Like me she is a self taught artist and a survivor.

Melania is an Italian fabulous scrapper and mixed media enthusiast. She also runs a collaborative challenge blog called SCRAPPIN' SISTERS.
We met on Facebook last year when I joined her Italian Art Journaling group.
Melania is very creative and a volcano filled with ideas!
 
 I'm leaving you with a collage of my first 5 Catventures. :)
 Have a great week!!

12 comments:

  1. WOW! wish I could concentrate so deeply...your Catventures are amazingly detailed :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,

    Merci pour ce joli partage...

    J'aime beaucoup vos têtes de chat... Bravo !
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Simona. Love your process. Thank you for sharing your Catventures. Look forward to the lovely artists you introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciaio Simona!
    Venir a tu blog es siempre una aventura! no siempre te dejo comentario, pero no te olvido, haces cosas hermosas. Yo siempre digo que pinto para no morir, tu parece que estas igual... un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catventures didn't get you catnapping did they! Superb, intricate and amazing doodling, so glad you are sharing :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks my friend ;o) I hope I can participate! Sorry, I am so late coming around! I have to e-mail you!
    I love Melania and Prerna's art!
    Your 5 Cat ventures is breath taking! Wow!
    Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes art is the very best cure for depression! Your art is beautiful, you are sooooooo talented! I own many of Stacy's crows too, I just love her art! Melania's work is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing from your heart. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous introductions and lovely learning more about you too!! Great project Catventure...all wonderful pieces!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous art-and your cats are just divine-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much beautiful work! I'm stunned! Love your cat drawings also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simona, your Catventures are wonderful! Love the detail and whimsy of them. I'm visiting from PPF - have a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year! You can find me at truffart.blogspot.com...

    ReplyDelete