Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Don't worry, Mom! I'll protect your Supplies!

This is what my friend Cream is telling me. :)

During the last week I have been working on an art project: a Found Poetry & Mixed Media "book".
See my PREVIOUS POST for an explanation of what is Found Poetry.

First I have painted, collaged and doodled some background pages (front and back) and then cut them into postcard size cards.

I have used an old Italian edition of "The Portrait of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.
The collaged elements are also from scrap pages of the novel.

From each page I chose words or phrases and arranged them into new meanings. Then I glued each "poem" to each art card.

This is the cover. It says: 
" The most famous
portrait
creates huge sensation.
Confinement.
Humiliation."

I am now trying to create a video of all the pages.
For now I can only share a short sample:


See you for the complete video!!

5 comments:

  1. These are really fantastic!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream is so cute ;o) Big Hugs Cream ;o)
    I love your project ;o) The video is looking good ;o) Great music you used ;o)
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous theme music goes really well with your wonderful Tags, fantastic makes :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful art and such a wonderful kitty!

    ReplyDelete