Monday, July 28, 2014

My 15th Tangle: Leafheart & Found Poetry

Oh, what a crazy Summer!
Well, I guess we cannot talk about Summer this month, because the weather looks like November. Rainy and cold days followed by one hot day. Apart from the huge humidity I'm happy with it.
Now that my family has gone back to Canary Islands I can pick up my pencils again. :)

Yesterday I created my 15th tangle!
I called it LEAFHEART.

This year I joined an Italian Found Poetry Swap Group on FB.

From Wikipedia:
 Found poetry is a type of poetry created by taking words, phrases, and sometimes whole passages from other sources and reframing them as poetry by making changes in spacing and lines, or by adding or deleting text, thus imparting new meaning. The resulting poem can be defined as either treated: changed in a profound and systematic manner; or untreated: virtually unchanged from the order, syntax and meaning of the original. 

I like both kinds of Found Poetry and usually combine it with doodling and painting.
As I am still waiting for receiving my swap cards, I'm showing you some other pieces I made on Friday.
First I painted a background on an A3 sheet.
Then filled it with drawings, collaged papers, stamps and doodles and cut it into postcard sized cards.
I finished them them with some words cut from a book (I used Oscar Wilde's "The Portrait of Dorian Gray"), creating a completely new meaning. :)

Have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love what you have created! I would like to try this ;o) We have been having the same weather!
    Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your 15th tangle it is very pretty! Spectacular postcards, the found poetry looks amazing.

    Hope you both doing well:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colours are gorgeous! Love the combination with the black & white words ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea using words to paint a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those marvelous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea! My sister would LOVE this, even more than I do! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the Leafheart and the second piece is so well done. I love the colors very much.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are lovely ways to create cards... found poetry is a real art form but you have made it look easy...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea! And your colors are so appealing! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete