Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dad's Sketch


Today, for SUNDAY SKETCHES I'm posting something not mine.
I have always envied my father for his drawing skills. He went to Brera Academy in Milan, one of the best art schools in Italy. I remember a game we played when I and my bro ans sis were young: my father started to draw something, and we had to guess what it was. We spent hours playing this game and also listening to the tales he invented for us. He has always been very creative and able to to everything. In fact, we call him McGyver! :) I know that he put aside his art because he and my mother had to work hard for feeding us and make us study.
Now, after a long long time I succedeed in convincing him to start drawing something again. You know, he's now 78 and retired. He's a PC nerd and he loves learning new things. 
Here is one of his sketches. I'll post more as soon as he emails me!
Isn't it cute?
Have a great Easter Holiday all!

14 comments:

  1. ...keep on inspiring your papa! ~ thankyoU for this beautiful share! ~ blessed be!...
    ...xXx...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute drawing, like the look on the dogs eyes!
    Thank you for sharing and have a lovely Sunday!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ~ wonderful sketch ~ great to have you inspiring your Dad ~ my best to him ~ He should start his own blog and post his work and then join us here ~ Happy Easter ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sketch! Your Dad is a wonderful artist! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow now we know where you get your talent from, this is amazing! Can't wait to see more! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute dog...your Dad is very talented... Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dad is gifted and the puppy's eyes are enthralling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet dog...Love the expression...Your Dad is a great artist. Can't wait to see more. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable pooch! Your dad is talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...your father's sketch is wonderful! What great talent in the family. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the apples doesn't fall far from the tree - sweet soppy sad face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is adorable! I love his eyes! I can't wait to see more ;o) I hope you had a great Easter ;o)

    ReplyDelete