Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Endometriosis

I know I've been away from my blog for quite a few days.
In part it was due to my renewed interest in my Etsy Shop, but I also had to take care of my health.
Last year I had to undergo a sudden surgery because I was diagnosed with 4th level ENDOMETRIOSIS (Wikipedia link) and a big ovary cyst.
They made me a Cesarean Cut and took away my left ovary.
The silly thing is that I have been having major pains during the last 15 years, and the doctors always told me it was backpain or stress.....
I then found out that Endometriosis shows a lot of various symptoms, such as chronic fatigue, back pain, headaches, depression etc. I suffered from the whole long list!! And nobody ever told me about this condition!!
After surgery I spent 10 wonderful months without pain (only my chronic migraines). It seemed a miracle!
But in Decembre the whole thing started again...
Endometriosis has no cure. You can only use hormones to control it.
During the last 2 weeks I had to make my recurrent check-ups and they found a new cell of 2 centimetres inside my uterus.
The pain started again, though not as bad as before surgery, but my fear was that of a new Cesarean!
Luckily, my doctor suggested me to try one year of pill hormones, just to see if the cell doesn't grow.
PHEW!!! I'm relieved now! Last year's was my first surgery ever!! I'm not so eager to repeat the experience! :))
I just wanted to share my experience with my doodler friends, because you have been very important since I started this blog, and doodling has been a sort of painkiller during the last tough weeks.
THANK YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that you had and have to deal with pain...plus that surgery...wish you all the bests,good health and happy doodlings dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my word! You Have been through the wringer! I am so sorry, it does not sound like a lot of fun. I really, really hope the pills work for you.

    I will be sending healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you have been suffering. I sympathise with you as pain is so debilitating and can really knock the stuffing out of you. As it is not a visible problem, people do not always understand either. I had a full hysterectomy many years ago, after suffering for a long time, not because of endrometiosis though. I hope the hormone pills do the trick.

    ReplyDelete